Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pixel Art Dump

As a first post, it's not very exciting. It's just a dump of some old pixel art experiments that were over on my first attempt to start a blog I regularly posted to. Pixel art is art which is produced dot-by-dot. Stylistically it's representative of old-school video games, with limited colour palettes and chunky line work. It's usually produced without the assistance of advanced tools.

These experiments are related to an independant game I've been working on. I spent the last year and a half teaching myself how to program. I've always wanted to make a retro video game. It's a massive amount of work though, and I'm only now started to get into art in a more meaningful way.

My initial instinct is to apologise and make excuses for this stuff, but that's not what this is about. So... dump incoming.

1 comment: