Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Changing Allegiance

Ouch. It's been too long. So much for daily creativity, amiright?

Though it might not excuse me, I have a reason of sorts: My life is still transitory. I am here-and-there at the best of times, and sometimes who-knows-where? Not that I'm suffering; as a matter of fact, I feel better about (and more connected to) the important things than I have in years. It has been a wonderful shift in gears. I finally have time to see my friends and family. I've been taking time, just to take time.

I've been watching some television, reading some books, playing some games, and doing some nothing at all. And it's fantastic.

Not to say I've been uncreative. Some days I shoot some photographs. Other days I write a bit, or sketch up some ideas in my notebook. And quite a bit of the time I'm still doing the indy-game-thing.

I haven't been posting my endeavors, partly because I haven't really got all that much to post (it's hard to make code look exciting), and partly because I've been lazy about posting. I'll try to fix that. I am also, for the foreseeable future, going to have to renegotiate my contract. I would love to be in a place where I have at hand the time, the space and the equipment to be so optimistically proactive. But the thing is, I'm loving more right now just being able to coast... Meander... Take a breath and hold it...

So I'll talk briefly about the title of the post, else it makes no sense.

A change of sides; allegiances altered; an utter betrayal: XNA, I have something to tell you... There's someone else. It's not me, it's you. Yes, his name is Unity, and we're totally doing it.

And with that confession, I don't have much more to say right now. There's been a lot going on with Unity and I. Some coding, and designing, and objectifying, oh my! Later, when I'm slightly less transitory than I am at this very instant, I'll post some details of the sordid affair. With pictures. Oolala.

Until then, peace xox.

No comments:

Post a Comment