Here's where I'm currently at:
- Custom editor gizmos for invisible nodes such as locators, spawnpoints, etc. (done)
- 2D platformer-style character movement (done)
- Smooth follow-camera movement (done)
- Portals that teleport the player to a new location (done)
- Linked portals (done)
- Portals that can be activated via contact, or by the player pushing up/down (done)
- Simple camera effects such as fading to black (done)
- Layered camera transforms for additional movement effects such as screen-shake (done)
- Scripted sequences (done - coroutines freaking ROCK!)
- Simple pickups
- Complex pickups that cause a temporary effect or event
- Moving platforms
- Portals working between levels
Future updates will include:
- Player health
- Environmental hazards, such as spikes and lava
- Simple enemies
- The ability to attack and kill enemies
- More complex enemy behaviours
- And more!
And here is a playable 'demo'. Not much happening, but everything starts somewhere!
Note: The playable demo has been moved to its own post. CLICK HERE TO PLAY.
I've never been happier to be a nerd :)